Kat Veasey began her exploration of the movement arts at the young age of 4 when she attended her first ballet class. Kat continued her ballet training for 17 years while living in Charlottesville, VA. She began teaching in 2009 at Ballet School of Charlottesville, and she quickly realized how much she loved being able to share her passion for dance with her students. Kat’s own love of ballet encouraged her to explore other styles of dance, and she developed a passion for partner dancing, including ballroom, swing, tango, and salsa. As an undergraduate student at the University of Virginia, Kat performed, taught, and competed with the Ballroom Dance Club and Salsa Club. Today, Kat is an avid member of the Latin dance community in Central Virginia, and she can frequently be found dancing in Richmond, Charlottesville, and D.C.
In 2013, feeling the physical impact of hours of dance as well as the mental toll of stress and anxiety, Kat turned to yoga and quickly discovered how much the health of her body and mind improved. Five years later, Kat completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training at Humble Haven Yoga here in Richmond. Kat’s own yoga journey has helped her truly realize the importance of self-empowerment and self-love, and she’s passionate about creating a safe space for her students to grow on their mats. Her teaching style combines an emphasis on physical alignment with the freedom of music, creativity, and breath.
Kat lives in the Fan with her husband, Brian, and their rescue dog and cat. She is a graduate student at VCU pursuing a Master of Social Work degree.
Events this person is involved with:
- Introduction to Social Dancing - Middle / High School
- Dance Discovery
- Align & Flow Yoga 12/18/18
- Align & Flow Yoga 12/11/18
- Align & Flow Yoga 12/4/18
- Align & Flow Yoga 11/20/18
- Align & Flow Yoga 11/27/18
- Vinyasa Flow 12/26/18 (Kat)
- Vinyasa Flow 12/19/18 (Kat)
- Vinyasa Flow 12/12/18 (Kat)
- Vinyasa Flow 12/5/18 (Kat)
- Vinyasa Flow 11/21/18 (Kat)
- Vinyasa Flow 11/28/18 (Kat)
- Latin Dance - Salsa & Bachata (SAMPLE CLASS)
- Introduction to Social Dance - Adult